Thursday, September 6, 2007

Your next anniversary gift is...

So, my coworker is traveling on business and is missing his 4th wedding anniversary. According to him, his wife did not say anything about it and waited for him to figure it out on his own. Devious...

That got me thinking... what is the 4th year anniversary gift 'supposed' to be. I thought I remembered that the first year is paper, and I'm sure there was gold in there somewhere, probably the 50th or something like that. Naturally I checked wikipedia and other internet sources.

There are 2-3 catagories for the anniversary gifting. First you have traditional (you have the american and brittish) and secondly you have the modern gifts. The fourth gift on the modern gift list is actually appliances. Which is ridiculous. Happy anniversary, here is a blender or dishwasher.

You can check out the list here. Or here.

My personal favorite is the 44th anniversary gift of groceries.

Oh, by the way a few weeks ago a German man said "gesundheit" to me when I sneezed. I thought it was appropriate.

No comments: